Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Nesting & getting ready!

Well I feel like I am in the last month of pregnancy.  I have been nesting, cleaning and organizing like crazy this past week.  Closets and things I havent touched in years are getting spruced up and organized because I wont have as much time on my hands with a 2 year old at home.  :) 

I havent started packing yet but, I have started a "pile" in Charlottes room that has been accumulating things the last few weeks as I think of them.  I will probably go ahead and pack her bag next week just to have that done.



Travel Approvals have been coming quick lately.  So, I am hoping and praying we get TA on October 24th.  Typically, Mondays are the big day for TA's to arrive so that is my prediction.  If that happens, we could leave on October 27th or 28th.  Or we could decided to wait until the following week which would be Nov. 4th.  I REALLY want to be back in time for Thanksgiving with our boys if at all possible and home for Charlottes birthday.  We have SO MUCH to be thankful for and I would love to be back home to give thanks for what an amazing journey this has been and to introduce Charlotte to some of our family. 

So will you join me in praying for a quick Travel Approval?  There have been times that I have literally been in tears through this process but, lately, I can't wipe the smile off my face....we are FINALLY close to getting our girl!

With much love!

5 comments:

Lynne (Lily's Quilts) said...

Oh Kendra, hw exciting!

Amber Leggio said...

Kendra,
How are things going???? Will you get to be leaving this month. Will be praying for you. My friends are throwing an adoption shower for Mia in November. So fun to get Pink stuff. A sweet family just moved to Texas from Wisconsion and they have adopted 3 from China. That has been neat to see their family, the are precious. I was curious what colors you did Charlotte's room in. I think we are doing Pink and Light Green. Hope all is well.

Matt and Maria said...

Kendra,
We just got TA, and it came 5 days after our Article 5 date. Praise God (and what a shock- I am not organized for this at all!)
Maria

elnorac said...

Just stumbled onto your blog through a wonderful quilted wall hanging of yours on pininterest. Good luck getting a quick TA so you can get your dear little girl! My husband and I used to live in Beijing, so your situation is of special interest to me. I'm going to follow you so I see how soon you get Charlotte home.

Ivy Shaffer said...

Hi Kendra,
Oh how precious little Charlotte is! Love her sweet smile:)) Just had to come over and see your blog. It is absolutely beautiful and so full of love and excitement.
I had to post here because I've been nesting like wild here! Don't think there's anything left to clean in this place lol. It's so funny how we are preparing ourselves for the arrival of our Gansu Girls.
FYI you'll be on your way before you know it.
Love,
Ivy

Post a Comment