Friday, October 28, 2011

TRAVEL APPROVAL...YES!


 I haven't been feeling good today...sinus headache.  So I laid down on the couch and just as I did, the phone rang.  Well of course I have memorized the area code for our adoption agency and when I saw it was area code (212) I thought I might hyperventilate! :) 

It was our social worker, April, and she said "Kendra we got some paperwork...!"  I figured it would be immense joy come over me, but it was more like immense relief. 
WE ARE GOING TO CHINA! We received TRAVEL APPROVAL today! :) Thank you everyone for praying for us! China is 13 hours ahead of us so it already midnight on Friday night there.  So we won't know when we will actually be leaving until Monday. But it looks like we will be leaving on November 9th or 16th to get our girl! :)

We are so, so thankful for all of you that have supported us through this adoption journey.  When I hear the word journey, I think of a more slow and steady journey so maybe the more appropriate word for what we have been through this last year, would be adoption ROLLERCOASTER! LOL!  This is one rollercoaster I am ready to get off of for a while. 

With MUCH LOVE!

4 comments:

Ellen said...

WooHoo!!! Great way to end a week. Start packing this weekend! So happy for you.

Cindy Sharp said...

Praise God! That is fabulous news.

And I love your photo.

Amber Leggio said...

Soooo happy for your family. Are you blogging your trip??????

Amy said...

Hi Kendra I just found your blog. We are a house of pink in process for our sweet blue :) our son is in China (also with a cleft lip and palate)... We are waiting for our fingerprinting appt so are still a ways off. Will be praying for you all as you get ready to meet your sweet Charlotte! :) so excited for you!

Post a Comment